FIRST OFF....
I need to clarify something from my previous post "On Love" I don't mind when people ask me if we are having any more children IF they are asking in a nice way. It is all in the tone and I can tell when someone asks if they are thinking "HOLY CHIT...are you guys DONE YET?" Or if they are simply just curious. I ask people the same question and HOPEFULLY have never made someone feel they needed to justify their answer one way or another.
OK...
On to Valentines
I LOVE Valentines Day. I LOVE Valentines month! Usually we have "Love Bugs" that visit our home and bring special treats to the kids and leave LOVE notes but they did not come this year. (not sure why) BUT we all think they visited another house this year because they have come to ours for 3 years in a ROW!
Anyways, we have started some projects around the house. The first one was this flower bed...
Last year we just planted flowers in the ground but Lane (our Lab) thought the wet soil and flowers were a great napping place on our many hot days. So needless to say...our flower bed did not do so well.
SO....Erick being the SUPER MAN OF ALL TRADES said he would just put pavers down and pipe the water system through the bottom of some flower pots.
We took Paiz shopping with us at the Depot and here is the before....(and during)
The girls planting the flowers
AND HERE....
is the AFTER!!
AMAZING HUH? I LOVE IT!!
Erick has NEVER laid pavers before and he put the drip lines throught the bottom of the pots! I honestly don't think there is a thing he cannot do! I LOVE that he enjoys projects and is not afraid to try something new. I mean...seriously....It looks like a professional did it!
We are slowly adding pots to the back porch as well. It is SO fun to have our OWN HOME again! I LOVE being a homeowner. I LOVE our home! It is such a haven to me.
That's how we started our Valentines Week. Not to shabby if you ask me!
Since I have been a bit of a neglectful Mother these last few weeks of pregnancy, I decided to make homemade treats and Valentines for the kids classes at school. We made Lady Bug Cookies. The kids had fun making them and they tasted really YUMMY!
I got the idea for their Valentines from a friend of mine who is INSANLY talented! The kids thought they were so fun!
I took their pictures on different day's and I like Kashie and Paiz's better a little closer up but I think they are all pretty dang cute.
Lastly...We made our yearly Valentines Card. I painted this heart on my preggo belly and Derick painted the word Love.
My friend Summer Driggs (the same one that did the Valentines) Edited the picture for me to sent out to friends and family. I LOVE the way it turned out. I love the kids sweet little hands. They have SO much love for Lyndee already, this pregnancy has been so fun with them all being a bit older. They really understand what is happening and I think will remember all of this. It is so exciting for all of us!
So that's what we did this February. Usually we are a bit more festive but all in all...there is a LOT of love in our home and surrounding our family. We have great friends and extended family. We have our Home, a Ward that we love, the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we truely believe in. Most of all we have each other. I have Erick and he has Me. WE have our 4 beautiful kiddos and Ms. Lyndee Lou is soon arriving. We have SO much to be thankful and we are.
We are SO THANKFUL for LOVE.



No comments:
Post a Comment