Friday, February 4, 2011

The 3rd Farabee Eagle Scout

Can I just say My Mother in Law is a ROCKSTAR when it comes to Scouting!!  I am not talking just any ole supportive Mother/Grandma, She GET'S THE JOB DONE and done WELL.  Erick has SO many memories of his Mother and Her Father and Mother Grandpa and Grandma Bauman from when he was a Boy Scout.  He became an Eagle Scout when he was just 14! Our Nephew Kyle followed suit and with Grandmas help he too became an Eagle Scout at age 14.  Kyle's younger brother Matthew, we knew would not be long after Kyle.  Sure enough, at age 14, Matthew received his Eagle Scout Award.  The HIGHEST RANK of Scouting.  Barb makes sure there is an AMAZING celebration when the guys achieve this great task.  Here are some pictures from that night.  
The begining of the program starts with a Flag Ceremony....
A VERY NEAT FLAG CEREMONY


 There were MANY awards given out that night.  This was for Matthew's work and service on the Mormon Batallion Trail.  
Big Gammaw received an Eagle Scout Necklace for her love, support, help and encouragement to all 3 of these Eagle Scouts.






In the end....The "Eagle" came and presented Matthew with a "dance"  It was SO NEAT! Derick whispered to me, "Mom, when I get my Eagle will Grandma make sure these guys come to my Court of Honor?"  To which I replied, "You bet she will Derick!"  I am sure she already has a plan in mind for her 4th Eagle Scout.
 Matthew was then invited to join the "Eagle's Nest" with the other Eagle Scout's in attendance that night.   Paiz hopped right up to sit with her Cousin.  (He is so handsome!)


 (yes, I peaked and I could not resist!!  Forgive me!)
All the Farabee Scouts (thus far)  and the Eagle and Chief from the Ceremony
 Kyle, Matthew, Erick, Derick and Big Gammaw
She REALLY LOVES her boys and they LOVE her!!
The ENTIRE Farabee Family....
It really is wonderful how supportive this family of mine is.  If there is a big event, they all come or at least make every effort possible to be there.  We can't miss out on a family picture when everyone is in town.
Our little family.  


Mom/Grandma...it is not in the name itself...it is what she is to these 3 Men.  They are all three amazing guys.  They love and respect others and their Mom/Grandma.  I know, first hand what kind of husbands these boys have been raised to be.  I also know so much of who Erick is came from Scouting.  I am thankful to my Mother in Law for making this a priority in Erick's life.  I can't wait for my boy's to follow suite, I know they will and I KNOW it will not be without the help of Grandma!
Congratulations Matthew, thank you for being such a good example to Derick.  He looks up to you SO much, I am not sure if you even realize it.  Keep working hard and choosing the right.  
We love you so much!

1 comment:

Steve and Sarah said...

VERY cool...I ampretty sure I those indians were at one oof our pack meeting not long ago!