Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break in San Diego!

Last year we bought "Fun Passes" to Sea World. It was so "FUN!"  We went often and have sort of figured out a pretty affordable way to do this trip.  The kids LOVE to go to CA and especially to Sea World.  We headed up Thursday morning and the kids did pretty well on the trip with the exception of Paizly who still was not dealing well without the Passie.  It was a rough first 2 hours but she finally chilled out!  I had just informed Erick that he was to take the next Exit so I could purchase one for her.  I HAD HAD IT!  We stopped under an overpass and had a potty break and let the littles run around for a bit.  They had fun climbing the mountain and just being out of the car if even for 15 minutes.  When we got to our Hotel we decided to just hang there that night.  So we went swimming and played by the pool for a couple hours and then to dinner.  Then early to bed as we had a date with Shamu the next day!!



Face painting has quickly turned into a Sea World tradition for the kids.  They all love it!  It is so funny for us to see what they each time.  It is always something different and often surprising to us.  They are all so cute!
Kenzie and Claira are the very best of friends.  They are so different personality wise, but they can't get enough time together.  I love that they are so close.  I hope it will always be this way with them.  (I don't know why this is underlined?!)
Then came the dolphins!!  Personally, this is my FAVORITE thing at the park.  They are redoing the dolphin show so we have not seen much of these little guys in the past 2 years which is such a bummer!   The kids LOVED feeding them and petting them.  What a cool experience for them!

We spent ALL day at Sea World and decided to take the kids to the beach.  Just to LOOK.  This was Erick's idea.  He said they would not get in the water that it was too freezing...YEAH RIGHT! We had no towels, no change of clothes NOTHING!!! At first they just ran around right at the waters edge but they kept creeping in more and more.  And just as I figured...it happened...Claira fell in the water!!!  It was super funny but more sad.  That water was STINKING cold.  Poor baby!  However...we are not one's to miss a good Photo Op!!!  Look at her sweet brother Derick, pointing and laughing at her as she lay freezing in the water!!  Thanks Auntie Ashley for capturing this precious moment!!!  So we stripped everyone down to their skivvies and headed for the warmth of the bathtub at the Hotel.  It was a super fun day even with the Splash at the end!!

How could I leave out the Shamu Show? Forgive me please!  Well....as regular attendant's of the Shamu Show, I was very curious as to the changes that have taken place since the tragedy in Florida.  I had heard that the trainers were not allowed in the water with the Whales.  This was true.  It was very sad to me, the show.  It was not that engaging and as I watched the trainers interact with the whales, there was an obvious change in affections towards these animals.  I had originally thought it was a good idea...the change.  However, now I feel different.  That animal in Florida, has killed 3 PEOPLE!!!  Are you kidding me?  After the first persons life was taken, something should have been done.  Now 3 lives later...all the animals are being punished.  I don't think it is fair.  The trainers should be able to be the same with their whales as they have always been.  Pit bulls have killed numerous people but you don't see them being banned from homes across America.  (maybe they should!)  These trainers have CHOSEN to work/swim with KILLER WHALES.  They love their job and the animals.  I believe there is a connection between them and it saddens me to see such a change for the Whales that have done nothing.  SO for me the show was a bit of a disappointment.  Shamu herself...is AMAZING!!  That will not change!
Claira and Kash decided they wanted to sit in the splash zone.  Erick spent $8 each for a poncho.  Well about 30 seconds before splash time....up they came!!  Little Stinkers!!!

OUR VISITOR!!!
UNCLE C.C.!!! My brother C.C. came down from L.A. where he lives to stay one night with us.  The kids were BESIDE THEMSELVES with JOY!!  They love their Uncle C.C. and rightfully so! They had so much fun wrestling with him and making him laugh by showing off.  We went for a late night swim with Derick, Claira, C.C. and I.  They thought that was awesome!  Then the next morning we headed to the beach for one last time before we hit the road for home.  The kids and C.C. collected "Uncle C Seashells," and hunted for treasure with Ericks Metal Detector and played in the ocean.  They buried each other in the sand and laughed all morning long.  It was so much fun to have my big brother there.   We don't get enough time with him so this was a very special treat for all of us!


It was then time to head home...BUMMER for all of us!  We had a great drive home. We stopped on the side of the road...somewhere I am not sure where and had dinner and let the kids stretch for a little bit and then cruised back to the Copa.  What a fun time we had!  I love going on vacation with our family and Chris and Ashley.  The memories will be everlasting!!


And this my friends...is THE END...



3 comments:

Steve and Sarah said...

How fun! I rememeber my parents having the brilliant idea to let us "get our feet wet" at the beach as we got into town. We ended up soaking wet and cold! haha. Poor Claira.

angie said...

looks so fun. i wish we would have been there with you. maybe someday... ;)

Briana said...

Looks like so much fun!! Your family is so cute and I miss them already!!