Friday, May 7, 2010

In our HOME...

Often times I think of my life and I feel like a failure in so many ways.  I feel like I don't do enough, like my house is never clean and the laundry is never done. (It isn't)  I feel like the day's just go by and we are just going through the motions.  I don't want to just go through the motions.  As a Mother, I know it is our nature to be our toughest critic.  I know that we are hardest on ourselves.  Especially as we look at our friends and family and see all that we perceive they are.  We browse the Blog World and become jealous and envious of the lives people post.  Last night I was thinking and I realized something.  Something that I have always known but don't always acknowledge.  My life is beautiful.  My life is sweet and meaningful. My home is often messy and the laundry is NEVER caught up BUT, in this home we are HAPPY and when people come into our home, they are HAPPY too.  They know they are loved.  They know that when they walk out our front door.  Their name is safe. IN OUR HOME.

In our home... We spin in the grass...just to watch our skirt fly.

In our home... We catch caterpillars and watch them crawl on us for hours and then let them go so their Momma won't miss them too much.


In our home... We jumprope until we just can't do it anymore!



In our home...We have VERY SERIOUS lessons on how to properly mow the lawn.  (These lessons cannot be taken lightly)


In our home...We pile on the golf-cart on a Sunday afternoon as a family to go fly kites.


In our home...We like to let Daddy cook RIBS straight from "his kitchen" in the back yard.  We sit outside and eat as a family and laugh and enjoy the evening.
When I started this post I just wanted to put some recent pictures up for the family to see. As I progressed, picking the photos I realized that all of these photos were taken within 2 weeks of each other.  That made me HAPPY.  That validated to me, that we are doing SOMETHING RIGHT.  Don't be totally fooled...within those 2 weeks I can promise you that there were lot's of time-outs, early bed times, yelling and fighting.  Mom being exhausted, Dad being equally...if not more exhausted moment's but all in all I realize...We must be doing something RIGHT, in our HOME.

10 comments:

The Badger family said...

You are a wonderful mom! You have a great relationship with your kids and they are so happy and that is all that matters. I admire you.

karina said...

My sweet friend... Never look at other peoples blogs and feel jealous. Remember they post what they want people to see and censor out the crud. Your home IS a very special place. I have only entered one other that I felt so loved and welcomed and that's your moms. You are doing all kinds of wonderful in those walls. Love you!

The Bundy Family said...

Molly, You are completely right about everything you just said. Yes, we are our biggest critics, but yes you are absolutely correct about you having an awesome home. It has been way too long since we have been there, but I always feel nothing less than love there. And we Bundy's love the Farabee's. My children have always been adored in your's and Erick's eyes and I have always found comfort in that. Friends like that really are few and far between. Keep your head up, you have so much that people admire about your home and your family. Love you!

Misty said...

Great post Moll - very well put!

CassiB said...

Molly you took words right from my thoughts! Too often I feel the same way, one day blends into the next, things pile up, why does her house always look perfect, must be because her fb status is alway about cleaning and how she loves to do it. Okay maybe I added some thoughts. I wish I could always change my thoughts around, sometimes it takes a few days of feeling like that. You have inspired me to charge my camera battery! Yes my friend I will take pics and blog sometime THIS week! and I can assure you if you catch a glimpse of the background in any of my pictures you will find laundry, toys, dishes or whatever. Love you friend thank you for your little slice of wisdom. P.S. I remember jumping rope til' we couldn't jump no more, twirling our skirts cuz' we could and letting caterpillars crawl all over us (one year there was those huge fuzzy ones at Nancy's house) and I can imagine the love felt in your house now is close to the love felt at your mom's house growing up.

Teri said...

I guess we can all relate to you...and I know for sure you are doing plenty right!!! Love ya!

Memory said...

I love this post. I have been feeling and thinking the same way, and I have come to realize that as long as we love our families that is what is important. I like looking at people (like you) and wanting to incorporate some of the things you do into my family's life. Sometimes I get jealous, but mostly I want to emulate people like you. :) You are awesome!

Darren and Natalie said...

You're awesome, Molly! Your family is always so warm and caring...and FUN!!! Your photography skills are rockin', my dear!

Hollyj said...

You posted this at the right time for me! I have been feeling the same way - that I am not doing enough, and being hard on myself and thinking of all the things I should be doing. Thanks for reminding me that we are too hard on ourselves and it is the little times like you posted that make us happy. Of course, laundry being done would make me happy too, but a girl can't have everything, right?

The Welker Family said...

What an uplifting post! I have tears in my eyes. SO SO true through and through. That was musical!