I sometimes feel like I take things for granted. A lot of things. This is something that I don't intentionally do. I don't think I do it often either but yesterday, I realized I had been guilty of just this.
Kash and Paizly started with a cough and a slight fever this past Friday. I kept them on Tylenol and did breathing treatments as their coughs were sounding not so good. As the weekend went on, they got worse. First thing Monday morning, I called the Dr and took them both in. She said they have a virus, some sort of an infection that can't really be treated with anything. So we left. Upon getting home they were both doing well. They were medicated and feeling good. I was feeling pretty good too. I failed to mention that a couple months ago I found a bb size lump on the back of Kashies neck. Kind of between the base of his neck and his shoulder blades. I had the Doc check it out, it was so small and it felt like it was not tethered at all so she said to just leave it alone but keep an eye on it. It has gotten larger. It is about the size of a pea now. Yesterday, when I took him in, I had the Dr check it out again. She felt it and agreed that it has become larger. She also noted that it is tethered. I asked her what that meant. She said she didn't really want to say just yet, that she would do a little research and think about it for a little while and that she would get back to me. So...back to where I left off....I was feeling pretty good as I arrived home. I came inside and there was a message from the Doc. She said that she is referring Kash to a Pediatric Surgeon. WHAT???!!! Are you KIDDING ME?! And that was it! That was the message, no "call me back." No "if you have any questions I am here for you." No, "this is what I am thinking." OF COURSE, my mind goes directly to the worst case possible! I brought myself back down and just made myself STOP! I chose to wait and just see what the Dr says. I was proud of myself as I am not usually good at doing this. I am a born worrier! My anxiety most often get's the best of me. Not today! I was going to choose to be in control of my thoughts! So I went on with my day. Erick got home a little early from work so I went to my friends to get my nails filled. He called me a bit later and said Paiz is not doing good at all. She is having a hard time breathing and shaking really bad. I asked him if he was scared and he said yes, I knew it was bad. I jumped up and ran to my car and hauled booty home. I got home in about 8 minutes. Paiz was still shaking and was totally out of it. She was having a seizure. I took one look at her and told Erick to call 911. The paramedics got here pretty fast. She finally came out of whatever her body was doing. Her temp was 104! Poor baby. We headed to the ER where they evaluated her and regulated her temp. She was FINE! PERFECTLY FINE!
So, what have I been taking for granted? My childrens amazing health. They are not sick very often. I found out that between all four of them they visited the Dr 14 times in 2009. Not too bad considering I think at least 4 of those visits were for Immunizations. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the promises that it offeres. I am sure many other things but these two are at the top of my list today. My husband and Father in Law gave Paiz a blessing while we waited in the ER. I also know that there were prayers all over for our little girl. I am so thankful for those prayers. For every thought that went out in her name. I am thankful that things have been put back into perspective for me and that my babies are safe at home in my care. I am thankful that my Husband Honors his Priesthood duty and role in our family so that at a moments notice he can perform a blessing. More than anything, I am thankful that I am a Mother. That these four beautiful children are mine for eternity no matter what happens. Without that promise, I don't think I could control my anxieties. I don't think I could cope with a tiny pea size lump that is probably just nothing at all! Regardless...I am thankful!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Molly, I am so sorry. What a day. I am so glad your babies are ok. Give them extra hugs for us.
my prayers are with you and your kiddos Molly. love you my friend =)
Scary! I always tell myself that things can change so fast, so be thankful for everyday that they dont. Kaden had a lump inside his ear drum when he was 5, we had a few anxious days of waiting for the biopsy. It was nothing, he had it removed and was back to normal in a week, hopefully that will be your story too! Hang in there!
What a scary day Molly! I am so grateful all worked out well.
Wow, really scary! It's amazing how we can surprise ourselves sometimes in how we react in certain situations. My youngest spent a few days in the hospital after an accident a few years back. I feel like I took things for granted before then too.
We are so blessed with our knowledge and abilities through the gospel.
I am glad things went good.
Post a Comment