Thursday, September 10, 2009
Homework Stations...
This year, I was dreading homework time with two kids in full time school and one in Pre-School. Last year was hard enough trying to keep just Derick from being distracted. So when I saw this idea on someone elses blog I thought I would give it a try. I wanted to try it out for a couple weeks before posting just in case it didn't work out BUT IT HAS!! They were super easy to make and the kids LOVE them. They feel like they have their own little work stations. I got them each a folder that they put their homework packet they get on Monday in and they keep them clipped in the center. Each station is complete with scissors, pencil and sharpener, crayons, ruler, glue stick and pink eraser. Everything they should need to complete their homework. So everyday right before I leave to pick them up, I set these up at the table with a snack and as soon as the kids get home they go right to the table and get their homework done. It has seriously made homework as pleasant as homework can be!! I don't know where Derick's picture is with his station...bummer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have been waiting to make them for my kids to see if it still worked after a few weeks! Yahoo...anything to make homeowrk more pleasant
that is such a cute idea. i saw it somewhere this summer on a blog too and now i can't find it. did it show how to make them? anything to help homework time would be a good thing!
Post a Comment