Monday, February 9, 2009

Derick's 7!!!!

My sweet Derick is 7!!! We did not have a digital camera when he was born so this is as baby of a shot as we are going to get on here! These are at his 1st birthday! Derick is such an amazing little boy! He always trys so hard to make everyone happy, he is such a little hard worker and loves to help his Daddy any way that he can. I am so thankful that he is my oldest child because he is perfect for this job. He is almost always.... :) a great example for the others. Bubba, I love you more than any words could ever express! You are such a joy to me every single day. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday that you are mine!! I can't believe you will be getting baptized in a year!!! That is just unreal to me! I love you my Bubba!!!

Then to top off the BIRTHDAY WEEK!!! We took Derick and 7 of his friends to a skate park to ride their scooters and skateboards!!! They all had a blast and said it was the best birthday party EVER!!! All their Moms were way cool and let them ditch school for this occasion!

Papa Roland and Grandma came over and brought Derick some gifts and he was thrilled!! He wanted these Laser guns so bad after his big cousin Matthew got some for Christmas!!

And Big Gammaw got him this jersey!! He was so proud! Grandma also got him a jersey for Tennessee which he also thought was way cool, since that is where Daddy served his mission!!

On the kids birthday I let them choose dinner! Derick wanted hotdogs, potato salad and rootbeer in a bottle!! He was so happy!!! So was I!!

So of course I did these backwards again!!! So scroll down and then back up!!


And there they go!!



Buckling up!
Derick's Papa Joe flew into Maricopa to take him for his own special birthday flight!! Derick was thrilled and even got to fly the plane himself. They did a flyby over our house and we all stood in the backyard and waved and screamed!! It was so fun for all of us but especially Derick and Papa Joe!
In this pic they are getting ready to take off!




















3 comments:

Sarah Mickalson said...

Looks like so much fun!

The Bundy Family said...

Happy Birthday Derick!! He must be in one of the coolest families ever; skatepark, your own dinner, and your very own special flight with your Papa. Sounds like one good day. Molly you are a WAY fun mom. Your kids are dang lucky to have you and Erick. Love you guys.
Lisa

The Bundy Family said...

Happy Birthday Derick!! He must be in one of the coolest families ever; skatepark, your own dinner, and your very own special flight with your Papa. Sounds like one good day. Molly you are a WAY fun mom. Your kids are dang lucky to have you and Erick. Love you guys.
Lisa